I’m on a pear run it seems! Usually I’m all about apples once autumn hits, but for some reason I got really stuck on pears this time. There are so many different types of pears, I especially love Boscs. They have a rather thick skin, but once beautifully ripe the taste is super sweet and delicious. I don’t think I could stand that rainy weather if it weren’t for flavourful autumn fruits and warm and comforting breakfasts. It’s a magical combination!
I actually made this Baked Chocolate Pear Oatmeal three times until I was completely happy. Three times! That equals six breakfasts! I must confess, around the third bake I wasn’t as enthusiastic anymore, but I could easily eat it four times in a row. And that comes from a person who is an avid lover of diverse breakfasts!
It’s super easy to prepare, absolutely delicious with a big dose of chocolate and sweet, juicy pears! Another healthy and satisfying breakfast that is more like dessert, how awesome is that?
150 gram rolled oats
3 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoon raw cacao
2 medjoul dates
250 milliliter plant-based milk
100 milliliter water
1 ripe pear
1 handful hazelnuts
1 teaspoon maple syrup
plant-based milk or yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a skillet or oven dish combine the oats, chia seeds and raw cacao.
3. Blend up your banana, dates, milk and water and pour over your oat mix. Let it soak for 5 minutes.
4. In the mean time wash, quarter and core your pear and finely slice up. Chop the hazelnuts in rough chunks. Top oats with both and drizzle with maple syrup.
5. Bake the oats for 20 minutes until firm and the pear is starting to brown. Remove from the oven and let it set for 5 minutes.
6. Serve with a splash of milk or on top of yogurt.